“Speakers from Armenia, Rwanda, Nanjing, Greeks and others who faced genocide are joining hands with TGTE, to voice against genocide around the world”
TORONTO, CANADA , December 8, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ —
United Nations International Day of Commemoration and Dignity, of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide, and of the Prevention of the Crime is to be observed in Toronto, Canada.
- This event is jointly organized by Hon. Aris Babikian Member of Ontario Provincial Parliament and Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE).
- WHEN: December 9th (Thursday)
- TIME: 6:30 pm
- WHERE: Metropolitan Center 3840 Finch Avenue E Scarborough ON M1T 3T4
- Representatives from Armenian National Committee, Alpha Education (Nanjing) Canadian Hellenic Congress, Rwandan Community Abroad Toronto, Chinese and immigrant professionals for racial equity (CPAC) and others will also speak at this event.
- The Prime Minister of the Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam Hon. Visuvanathan Rudrakumaran will speak live, via zoom.
- Deputy Leader of the New Democratic Party, Hon. Alexandre Boulerice’ video message also will be played at this event.
- Videos will be shown on Armenian, Eelam Tamil, Nanjing and Rwandan Genocide.
Mr. Kumanan Kunaratnam, Deputy Minister for the Ministry of Women, Culture and Heritage of TGTE. will be the Master of Ceremonies at the event.
The Welcome speech will be delivered by Ms. Luxmy Viyapuri, Deputy Minister for the Ministry of International Affairs of TGTE.
Closing remarks will be delivered by Mr. Roy Wignarajah, Minister for the Prevention of Genocide and Mass Atrocities TGTE.
ABOUT THE TRANSNATIONAL GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL EELAM (TGTE):
The Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) is a democratically elected Government of over a million strong Tamils (from the island of Sri Lanka) living in several countries around the world.
TGTE was formed after the mass killing of Tamils by the Sri Lankan Government in 2009.
TGTE thrice held internationally supervised elections among Tamils around the world to elect 135 Members of Parliament. It has two chambers of Parliament: The House of Representatives and the Senate and also a Cabinet.
TGTE is leading a campaign to realize the political aspirations of Tamils through peaceful, democratic, and diplomatic means and its Constitution mandates that it should realize its political objectives only through peaceful means. It’s based on the principles of nationhood, homeland and self-determination.
TGTE seeks that the international community hold the perpetrators of war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide against the Tamil people to account. TGTE calls for a referendum to decide the political future of Tamils.
The Prime Minister of TGTE is Mr. Visuvanathan Rudrakumaran, a New York based lawyer.
Twitter: @TGTE_PMO Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.tgte-us.org