Huge Protest Against Gotabaya Outside UN – Shouting Arrest This War Criminal & Take Him to Int’l Criminal Court : TGTE NEWS PROVIDED BY Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam, TGTE September 22, 2021, 18:30 GMT SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Gota Rally at UN
“Due to the Protest Gothabaya Used the Back Door to Enter the Building. Large number of Police were present at the Rally”
Rally Highlighted Gotabaya’s Role in Committing Genocide, War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity against Tamil people – Tens of Thousands of Tamils were Killed and Tamil Women were Raped by Military”— Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE)UNITED NATIONS, NEW YORK CITY, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, September 22, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ —
Huge crowds, including women and children, gathered outside United Nations in New York, to protest against Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa speaking at the UN General Assembly. This Protest was organized by Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE).
It is reported that Gotabaya avoided using the main entrance and used the back door to enter the building. Due to this protest there was large number of police stationed in the protest area.
Several victims of Gotabaya were also present in the rally, giving interview to the international press.
Rally Highlighted Sri Lankan President Gothabaya’s Leadership Role in Committing Genocide, War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity against Tamil people. Gothabaya was the Defense Secretary when According to UN Tens of Thousands of Tamils were Killed and Tamil Women were Raped by the Sri Lankan Security forces
Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) also sent information to the UN member States about Gotabaya’s Leadership Role in Committing Atrocity Crimes.
SOME OF THE ATROCITY CRIMES COMMITTED AGAINST TAMILS WHILE GOTHABAYA RAJAPAKSE WAS SERVING AS DEFENSE SECRETARY ARE:According to the UN Internal Review Report, over Seventy thousand (70,000) Tamils were killed in the first five months of 2009. These Tamils were killed due to deliberate and intense shelling and bombing of areas designated by the government as “no-fire zones”, where Tamil civilians had assembled for safety.
- Government also restricted food and medicine for Tamils, resulting in large numbers of people dying from starvation and many of the injured dying of their wounds.
- According to the UN Panel Report, the killings and other abuses that took place amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity. Independent international experts believe that there are elements of these abuses that constitute an act of genocide.
- International Truth and Justice Project (ITJP) in February 2017 handed over details to UN of Sri Lankan Military run “Rape Camps”, where Tamil Women are being held as “Sex Slaves.”
- According to May 2012 report by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office on Human Rights and Democracy; there are up to Ninety thousand (90,000) Tamil War Widows in the North- East of Sri Lanka.
- Thousands of Tamils Disappeared, including Babies and Children. UN Working Group on Enforced Disappearances stated in 2020 that the Second Highest Number of Enforced Disappearance cases in the World is From Sri Lanka.
- According to independent organizations, Tamil Areas have the Highest Concentration of Security Forces in the World (Ratio: One soldier for every five Civilians).